DIY Wireless Home Surveillance Systems
DIY Wireless Home Surveillance Systems
“Ring” security bell’s, which you can monitor with your cell phone.
There are a lot of different brands of home security surveillance systems out there. I find that the best ones are the wireless ones as long as you have Wi-Fi in the house. This way you can see on your cell phone everything that happens while you’re away. They are even making a door bell nowadays with a Wi-Fi camera in it, so you don’t need an intercom system, like years ago.
There is a burglary every 18 seconds somewhere in America. So a security system is almost a necessity. Everyone wants to be able to protect their families, their homes or their businesses.
Most of these security systems have:
- Rechargeable Batteries.
- Indoor and waterproof for outdoor use.
- 2-Way Communication – with a microphone and speaker built in which lets you hear what is going on and talk back through the phone, no matter where you are.
- Infrared Night Vision – which lets you see in the dark – up to 25 feet and some up to 50 feet when there is little or no light.
- Viewing angles from 60 to 130 degrees.
- Advanced Motion Detection – Automatically records as soon as there is movement, then sends an email or an app notification. The motion sensitivity can be customized.
- 8x zoom in availability – for magnification.
- A Base Station – with a siren to alert you of trouble with 100+ decibels.
- Free Cloud Storage – which lets you save 7 days of activity.
Some systems have 4 channels when you use 2 cameras indoor or outdoor which are wireless with a high-definition DVR system. This is cool because you can see everything on your phone, all 4 sections at the same time or on a laptop or computer, no matter where you are. The best part of a wireless system, you can install it yourself and there are no monthly bills from a security company. Most of the camera’s with these systems have mountable backs or stands.
They also come with a DVR machine for recording. Some of these cameras are motorized, so they would move with the person or animal in any direction they are moving. Depending on how many cameras and accessories you are looking for, the prices range from $225 to $600.
A lot of people would show you pictures and explanations of each security camera. But I am not writing this blog for that purpose. The purpose of this is to inform people that they should have some kind of protection. As I said before there are a lot of companies that sell all kinds of things.
Some of the best companies out there are:
1 – Nest Security Camera, Keep An Eye On What Matters to You, From Anywhere, For Outdoor Use (Buy Now)
Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- SECURITY HAS NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD: The Nest Cam Outdoor is here to help set your mind at ease. Nest Cam Outdoor is beautiful, weatherproof, and it plugs into power, so you never have to worry about dead batteries. Whether you’re watching for the kids to get home from school, checking to see if your package has arrived, or scaring off a potential burglar, Nest Cam Outdoor is here to help!
- DON’T MISS A THING WITH NEST ALERTS: You can’t always be watching your video feed. Nest Cam looks for motion and listens for loud sounds, like a boom or the crash from a window breaking. Then it can alert you with a photo from the event, and even save some pictures in the Nest app for three hours.
- BE HEARD WITH NEST: Nest Cam Outdoor has a built-in speaker and mic so you can scare off a suspicious visitor when you’re out, or let the delivery man know to leave the package at the door.
- WORKS WITH NEST: Nest has worked hard to design thoughtful devices to help keep you safe and secure. Nest devices not only communicate with each other but also with the other smart devices around your home. Your Nest Secure can use your smart light bulbs to help get your attention in the event of an emergency; your smart washer and dryer can take the data from Nest and run the next load of laundry when energy demand is low. Look for the Works with Nest badge and let Nest handle the rest.
- THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE A NEST HOME: We love home. It’s the best place in the world. But not everything inside our homes is lovable. Some things beep at us; fail without warning; keep us in the dark. There are things we’ve learned to ignore. We think these things should do more. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
- 3783 Customer Reviews and has a 4.2 out of 5 star rating
2 – Hikvision DS-2CD3132 2.8mm Lens 3MP Mini Dome Camera (Buy Now)
- 3MP (2048 x 1536) high resolution,2.8mm lens
- Full HD1080p real-time video
- Up to 30m IR visibility, True day/night
- 3D DNR & DWDR & BLC, proof housing,IP66 rating
- 58 Customer Reviews and a 3.0 out of 5 star rating
3 – Amcrest HD 1080P-Lite 8CH Video Security Camera System w/ Four 1280TVL (720P) IP67 Outdoor Cameras, 65ft Night Vision, HDD Not Included, Supports AHD, CVI, TVI, 960H & IP Cameras (AMDVTENL8-4B-B)
- EXPERIENCE FULL HD – Observe high quality, uncompressed footage on this 8CH DVR System that brings 1080p at 30fps to a closed-circuit platform. Four 1280TVL 720p 1MP IP67 weatherproof bullet cameras are included with this DVR in order to give you a head-start in watching over everything you love. The camera is equipped with a 2.8mm lens with a wide 83.4° viewing angle and uses IR LEDs to see up to 65ft at night.
- SMARTER, SAFER SECURITY – Utilize intelligent alerts that send notifications to your computer or smartphone via the Amcrest View app so that you never miss a moment. Record and store events either on your Amcrest DVR (HDD not included; supports up to 6TB) or on Amcrest Cloud.
- PLUG & PLAY WITHOUT DELAY – HDCVI works on the same cabling that traditional CCTV camera systems used and is able to integrate three signals (video, audio, ptz control) over a single cable. Auto Signal Compression offers a reliable long distance signal transmission up to 1,640ft from camera to DVR, surpassing the capabilities of IP/POE and HD-SDI.. To set-up your DVR, you need only scan a QR code via the Amcrest View app in order to start live viewing and playback after setup.
- FIND SOLACE IN THE CLOUD – Amcrest Cloud was created to ensure that you don’t miss a thing, no matter where you are. With an intuitive interface, you are able to live-stream your footage which enables you to play it back based on your preferences. Receive 4 hours of storage free with extra optional storage plans available for purchase.
- SIMPLE. RELIABLE. SECURE. – At Amcrest, we want to ensure the safety of our customers, their loved ones, homes and businesses. You’ll receive a full 1-year US Warranty and Lifetime Support provided directly from Amcrest.
- 71 Customer Reviews and has a 4.4 out of 5 star rating
And the many more that are carried below.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to leave a message below and I will get back to you.