3 Best Wireless Security Systems Review
Which wireless security system is best for you? There are all kinds of security camera’s that use closed circuit television (CCTV) that transmits a video and audio signal to a wireless receiver through the Wi-Fi. Many of these wireless systems need at least 1 cable or wire for power. The wireless systems sometimes use batteries for power.
Wireless camera’s are more popular because you do not have to run any wiring for them to work. You can mount/install them almost anywhere and they allow you to use a computer or even a cell phone to see the pictures over the internet. An analog wireless system is when the transmitting of audio and video signals use radio frequencies. Some of the wireless systems can be transmitted over Wi-Fi:
- Cost of the camera’s are reasonable.
- Multiple receivers per camera, you can have multiple receivers at different locations.
- Other household devices can cause interference, like microwave ovens, cordless phones, video game controllers and routers.
- No signal strength indicator.
- Analog wireless uses a consistent frequency signal which can be picked up by other receivers.
- One way communication only.
Digital Wireless Camera’s
Digital wireless is the transmission of audio and video over a high-bandwidth radio frequency.
- Wide transmission range – around 450 feet in a clear space.
- High quality video and audio. Two way communication between camera and receiver.
- Digital signal means you can transmit commands and functions such as turning lights on and off.
- Can connect multiple receivers to one recording device, like a DVR.
Home Security Systems
Wireless security systems are becoming more and more popular because they are less expensive. Either home or for a business. Wireless camera’s are ideal for people renting homes or apartments.
A wireless security camera is also a great option for seasonal monitoring and surveillance of a pool or patio or even a summer place when you would not be there, say for the winter.
These wireless security camera’s are also used by law enforcement to deter crimes. This is where the mini cameras are great on an officers shoulder or belt. In the patrol cars, they are usually mounted on the dash board.
Wireless Range: 250 to 450 feet in a clean and open space. It would be limited to 100 to 150 feet where there would be drywall, glass, or windows obstructing the signal. Other obstructions could be brick or concrete walls, and flooring. Also trees.
The 3 Different Systems
First: We have a Wireless System for the home, where you can see everything going on inside and out on your smart phone if the alarm goes off. Then you can call the proper authorities if necessary.
Second: We have the Mini Camera Systems for inside of the home, office or any building that we would like to monitor the goings on inside. There are many items in this category with built in camera’s. Clocks, pens, glasses, TV’s, smoke detectors or even mobile phones.
Third: A full wired system, this system is usually wired with a fire alarm system together, not only for security but also for fire. This has to be done by a professional and licensed company. Mostly for business buildings.
If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.
All the best